Friday, September 28, 2007

Party in the Pumpkin Patch

Our small town has an event every year called The Scarecrow Festival; this is the weekend it is being held. There are LOTS of displays and activities going on through out the weekend.

Tomorrow evening a bunch of our friends are getting together at our house to carve pumpkins, go walk the pumpkin path in town and then come back to our house to have some drinks and a campfire. I can hardly wait!!

Halloween is not my thing but I LOVE The Scarecrow Festival!

Donna and I went to the farm tonight to pick our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch. We laughed so much my sides hurt! We were in the pumpkin patch for about and hour picking out our “perfect” pumpkins! I guess an hour is a long time in a pumpkin patch because the lady at the store said she was getting worried that something happened to us. I was thinking to myself, “we were in a huge open pumpkin patch, what was going to happen to us? Was the scarecrow going to come to life and attack us?!?!” LOL!

Here are the pics:



















Then we went out for supper at Pizza Delight. After that we headed to the dollar store for decorations for the party tomorrow night. We had so much fun in the dollar store, lol!! We were trying on hats and Halloween masks. We were there so long that they were practically kicking us out because it was time to close. I was laughing so hard I was crying … ya’ gotta’ love a good laugh n’ cry!

Thanks for the great evening Donna!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

all of that sounds like so much fun!

redmaryjanes said...

How cute is that? They really have some nice pumpkins.

Angie said...

What fun!! I hope the festival and pumpkin carving were lots fun too!
My sister and I do the old laugh and cry thing a lot...there is nothing better!!