Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sad Update

It breaks my heart to type this post...

“Police confirmed Thursday a body found on the outskirts of Bridgewater last weekend was that of 12-year-old Karissa Boudreau. Investigators said she was murdered.” - The Chronicle Herald

This is very poignant news for our small town. It has left many people shocked, scared, and saddened, to say the least. So many people in the community and beyond have been rallying together searching for this little girl. A temporary memorial has been set up by the location where her body was found. People have been bringing teddy bears, flowers, baloons and notes for the last few days.

Two people were arrested but have since been released. As of right now, they say it may take months before police are able to lay charges. Here is the link for anyone that is interested in following this story.


For anyone that would like to go light a virtual candle in her memory.
Click here to light a candle for Karissa


10 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

That is such sad news. I will pray for her family.

Lisa said...

Can even imagine what her family has been through. Keeping her and her family in prayer.

Brandi said...

Oh! I'm so sorry!

Her family will be in my prayers!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is just to sad...

Mike and Rhonda said...

This is just horrible news and I am so sorry to hear this.

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

I have been following this story but didn't realize they found her body. How awful for the family!

By the way...I grew up in Digby...

Take care,
Tammy

Deb said...

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

OH MY #6 said...

so very sad.

Lea

Angie said...

Oh how awful. I will certainly keep her family and your community in my prayers.

Ashley Winters said...

She was a beautiful girl. How sad for her family.